Saturday 18 August 2012

And all good things must come to an end.

Surprisingly, yesterday was the last day of my part-time job that only lasted for three months. Two of the five students are about to go back to Korea to start their schooling, that's why some of us (teachers) are no longer in need to go to the Academy.

I was comforted hearing that news from my boss since I have been missing a lot of stuff with regards to my baby. And that I have been really clamoring, well a bit of about the rush hour and on how frustrating it is to commute with buses. Including my deprivation from sleep and my "me time", feels like what I can only do with my free time was to-- SLEEP. SLEEP. SLEEP. Did I say sleep? Yes, for months, I didn't go out with friends. Nor I can't finish a book or watch a movie.

But in between that wonderful news, I saw myself wearing that half-faced smile. I hid the emotion of being sad. That it's all over. That they will go back to Korea, and will continue studying. And that I will no longer have to go to work to teach them. To have fun, to help them out. 

I took all the opportunity to take pictures with them. To tell them that I will miss them and that I'm hoping they won't forget me. 

They were my first students to teach personally. I will never forget how first classes went on, the awkwardness and adjustments both of me and my student should undergo. And later on, the connection became more personal. Talking about families and interests. It was a privilege listening to them. The innocence they possess, and their culture that has been familiar for a couple of 2 yrs now.

And that's how it ends. In my very sensitive state, I felt like my children have grown so fast and that they have to spread their wings for better learning. 

I was never good at goodbyes. Maybe I will never be good at it. But as I write down this entry, I am smiling completely knowing that my students are still remembering me.

They made Facebook accounts! Another reason to thank technology :)

No comments:

Post a Comment