Friday 3 August 2012

The "wag-naman-po-sana-maholdup-ang-bus" escape!

My initial entry for the month of August would be an epic terrifying escape from the hold uppers along with my three co-workers.

By 2AM earlier, we went home by walking along Ortigas area passing through Megamall, and finally taking a bus which route is Baclaran-UE Letre. It was the color pink, ordinary bus, and only few people were inside. *Marie and I were sitting on the left side of the bus while *La and Chen were on the right side. All of us paid our respective fares and did the usual gossiping, listening to music routine. 

As soon as we reached Cubao area, there was this two men who got in. One wearing a green hat and a white and green jacket, who sat in front of where Marie and I were sitting, and then the other one is bald, wearing a typical green shirt, sat in front of my two other friends. Both were very tall and masculine. 

What made me feel restive about the situation was that the first man was holding a cigarette, acting as if he will lit it up. And the second man reached out for a lighter and gave it to him and the next thing they did was to transfer to the farthest part of the bus. That's the time wherein I asked all my friends to transfer to the seat near the driver.

We were pretty doing okay, yet my friend beside me still felt anxious, while keeping an eye on them. Still, with my usual thing, my headphones were stuck in my ears, but that didn't make me less of attentive since I was already anticipating the need of my handy cutter which I hid under my sleeves. And the other two (La and Chen) kept on chattering with each other. 

In a span of few minutes, Marie told me that the two men have split up and sat next to their prospected victims, one sat beside a guy wearing Beats headset, and the next sat behind my friends!!! Behind my friends!!! And that got the chill out of me. Marie told me that we should get off the bus!!! Urgently!!!

The traffic light was still on it's red signal, and it was pretty traffic as the bus was trying to pass along Aurora, Cubao. Without any further hesitation, we abruptly got off and checked whether the two guys or either of them followed us. I ran out of idea whether to look back to that bus, and see their faces. We kept on walking until we finally got to a secured place with MMDA being around.

Four of us were struggling with each of our own fears. Wanting to go home right away and to be out of danger. Discussing and even sharing perceptions of what had just happened. 

I was very fidget all those times. I couldn't pacify myself and I know I was stuttering as I tried to get off that pink bus. What I wanted is to escape and to disappear immediately.

And we rode a new bus, and as we approached Paramount to SM North area, we saw the pink bus with almost no passengers inside. 

Soon, we all got home safely, and yes, a hold up incident occurred in the pink bus. The hold uppers declared a hold up along GMA-Kamuning area. They even uttered a very frightening line pertaining to  the four of us, "Sayang at nakababa yung apat na babae". 

I don't have any valuable stuff with me, except for my phone which is just a Nokia qwerty one, few peso bill and coins and just my book. What stresses me is the fact that there's someone trying to harm us. That after 14 hours of working, since I have an extra job, such sickening people will make you feel agitated and will leave you with trauma. 

At that time, what was running on my mind was that I needed to go home, my baby needed to see me. She needs me. And at the same time, I wanted to completely die. Like I'll kill myself!!! That's how paranoid I was. 

Travelling through EDSA is indeed one hell of a freaking ride! Especially with hundreds of vehicles and faces that seems to get the jitters out of you, you or I will never be calm in going home.

Certainly, there's no place wherein you can be really safe. That time will not give you a guarantee of being secured. 

Let us all be more vigilante, now that people tend to be more evil than before. That harming is no longer an unusual issue. That in spite of too much agitation, being alert and keeping your presence of mind would do you good. Hopefully. 

Be safe!!!
*Note: False names.

No comments:

Post a Comment