Wednesday 17 October 2012

"I'm happy being me"

"I'm happy being me"

This is what I said to my colleague earlier after commenting that I should lose weight. 

She passed by and got amused with my "fish tail" thingy, and suddenly irked "Ate Katya, dapat magdiet ka na para gumanda ka blahblahblah". Having insecurities about your flaws is absolutely normal. Especially for me na mas normal pa sa normal dahil "DA WHO?" nga ba naman ako. I feel much worse pa siguro.

In my entire life, I can no longer count the chances I took to just lose weight. But the thing is I always fail. I am a proud loser of doing so. Why? Firstly, it does not please me. Parang trying hard lang. My urge to lose weight doesn't come from the heart, walang drive kumbaga. Secondly, I feel like I'm doing it to fit in to the bandwagon of the "skinny" society. Which was never what I wanted. 

So here's the gist. Whether you are voluptuous or sige, straight to the point na obese like me, you couldn't just go on a diet all of a sudden; the "no-rice-totally-meal-after-six-thing-no-carbs-blahblahblah" and other depriving habits related to dieting easily.

Know why you are doing it. Set priorities. Is it because you want your old rugged jeans to fit you again? Can't you do a lot of walking because you're running out of breath easily? Is it because you want to be more healthy? To make you feel even better? If yes, then go and start living a healthy life. But if you will just do it to please anyone else, I'm telling you, it won't work. 

At the end of the day, whether you have achieved that 36-24-36 bod or just becoming less fat, what's important is that you're happy with yourself. Self-esteem lang yan te! At wag papadala to those people who are throwing insulting words on just for you to feel miserable since that's what they feel with themselves. Because no matter how skinny or huge you are, if you are not happy, it will always show. It will always affect the way you perceive things.

Yun lang. Go lang te! Uso macho ngayon. And once you look at the mirror, say to yourself, "Ganda moooo!" with full conviction. Embrace yourself for who you are, and by that, people around you will love you more :)

---------------------------------------------
This was suppose to be my entry yesterday but as obvious I am blogging it today. Hehe. Have a good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment