Monday 24 September 2012

Tsundoku Syndrome.


The Moth Diaries and What You Have Left were the books that I bought yesterday just right after a job interview. I felt the urge to buy these books since both tackles on how one thinks in a more abysmal manner, far from a normal person would think, I suppose. 

Same with the last three which I bought from MIBF-- The Good Psychologist, and After You. Except for the Instinctive Parenting, which is obviously about raising a child in a way that you have optimistic views upon your strengths. 

Lately, I have found benefits in reading. It makes me a lot more entertained just by flipping its pages. Realizing that in just a short period of time, I am in another world, being captivated by each of the scenes I make up in my mind. I enjoy learning new words. I always have the amazement of adopting vocabularies-- whether it rings a bell or simply something new to me. Reading seems to be a valid reason to be absent-minded. For people to avoid disturbing with some of their rants. Haha. Call it selfsh tactics.

As what I have in one of my previous post, I don't read all the time, but maybe most of the time. With reading, you're killing time in the most intellectual manner. Same as with your emotions. It lets you explore more of your feelings when it comes to the different characters, situations you are picturing. And most of the time, I end up crying as I reach for the final pages of a book. The three books that have made me howl my eyes so far would be Dekada 70, Desaparesidos both authored by Lualhati Bautista and The Outcast by Sadie Jones.

I am fond of books which talks about personality. On how one tries to find out his/her purpose in life. Of what life is really all about. Whether you are to continue wandering or to not to pursue for your search. Goes the same thing with books which genres are the typical love stories and parenting. More often, I look for books that are not authored by well-known authors. Somehow, I don't enjoy thinking the way others do. Hehe. If a book's in its heyday of everyone reading it, I don't plan of doing the same thing. Or, para maiba lang. Kanya-kanyang trip :p

So, basically, I am suffering a slight of "Tsundoku Syndrome". Which is buying books yet not reading them and you just end up piling them up on your shelves. Bisyo! Hehe. Surely I will be able to go on and finish all of these. But for now, I am working on Paulo Coelho's Aleph. A must read for everyone who can't seem to be euphoric. (I like how his words seem to be full of warm. And yes, he's one of the exceptions about well-known authors)

Grab a book and make your day more productive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment