Sunday 30 September 2012

Kids ask. As an adult, what could be your answer?


My 11-year-old brother asked this question in his Facebook account. And I reacted about it right away. I wonder why he have thought of this and how come he wants to know the answer. And probably he will just say, "Nothing, I just asked". 

I wouldn't be hypocrite to say that money won't make me happy, but I am certain that it won't make me feel alive far from what love can make me feel. Money-- I work 9hrs a day to come up with a compensation that lets me buy what I want and what I need. I can ran out of it, and it's either I'll be more thrifty, lend money, ask from my parents help or wait until the next pay day comes. Love-- a very complex and vague emotion. We have that love for our self, for family, for friends, for life and for death, for all sorts of art, for God, for whatever you see around you. For the past, present and the future. For what is existing and non-existing. For our significant other. One does not hold a specific meaning of it. Yet I believe that love is naturally selfless and limitless. (Lakas maka Ms. Universe ng line na ito)

Each of us have different interpretations of love. We use words, actions and other ways in which we let our emotions flow into others. For it to be felt, be heard, be understood, be shared. 

Maybe for my brother it’s just a very ordinary question, but with kids acting differently, I’m very glad that he still have this heart that is loving and carefree. He made me have further understanding of sensible things that often be neglected.
Guess us adults will always have something to re-learn from kids :) What about you, what will be your answer on this?

By the way, oh hello there, October! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment